This building replaces the previous facilty which was destroyed in a lighting-induced fire. The new building is an ICF block veneer constucted around an 1800's historical barn. The north and east facing glass skin acts not only to bring in excellent outdoor lighting, but also to meld the old with the new. Stained concrete floors, earth plaster, exposed SIP (structural insulated panels) and "tree-trunk" columns provide authentic, natural materials to create a sense of "warmth" in constrast to the glass and aluminum window walls.
all images and content copyright (C) 2016 rick o'donnell architect / all rights reserved.